In line with God’s calling to make disciples of all nations, IEC Library’s vision is to equip you and provide you with resources to deepen your faith & knowledge of Christ. We want to partner with you as you ready yourself to answer the reason for your faith.
Location: Our library is located across the courtyard.
Operating Times: It’s open every Sunday after service, and there are a variety of books and DVD’s for all ages.
Visit our library & check out our programs!
Book Cart Program
At the back of English Chapel, on the black cabinets are FREE BOOKS for you to take home, read, and keep or PASS to a friend!
Why do we do this?
These books deal with topics we are discussing in our sermon series, as well as other topics that are vital to the health and growth of our community. Most of all, these books expound the Gospel message and shows how God’s grace is not “one time only” for the purpose of salvation, but also for the purpose of living our lives in our daily callings as brothers, sisters, parents students, employees, and others. We hope that these books will strengthen you and may its contents deepen your hunger to know God more.
We also hope to increase opportunities for you to love your neighbor by passing a book to a friend! Take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to be a blessing to your neighbor. Share a book that has been a huge encouragement to you. Feel free to use the book as a conversation starter, and to begin introducing your neighbors to the love of Jesus Christ.
Children’s Library & Sunday School Ministry (Joint Programs)
We want to encourage our young ones to come to know Jesus as their savior and friend by reading more about Him & stories of His faithfulness. In partnership with Sunday School, the mission of our Children’s Library Ministry is to partner alongside our families and empower kids and parents to lead Gospel-centered, impactful, family lives. If you have kids and want to develop a love of reading in your child, especially reading things about the Lord, we encourage you to visit our church library.
Every week, our library hosts the following activities with Sunday School —
Sept 10 Craft
Sept 17 Story time
Sept 24 kid zone
Oct 1 Bilingual Story Time
Oct 8 Craft Corner
Oct 15 Story Time
Oct 21 Kid Zone
Oct 29 Movie
Nov 5 Story Time
Nov 12 Craft Corner
Nov 19 Bilingual Story Time
Nov 26 Kid Zone
Dec 3 Story Time
Dec 10 Craft Corner
Dec 17 Bilingual Story Time
Dec 24 Kid Zone
Dec 31 Movie
The Library Store Reading Program
The library store is a part of our church’s library program held in conjunction with Sunday school. This program is year-round. Every child who borrows books and makes a book report gets rewarded “library bucks”, which they can redeem in the store. In this store, we provide children toys and stationery!
Want to get involved?
- Donate to the Library Store Reading Program
- All donations are (in the form of monetary gifts or donation of new toys). For more information on how you can check out books or be involved in our Library Store Program, fill out a Connect Card today and stop by our libraries.
- Be a librarian!
- Help with the book & DVD check-out process.
- Be a librarian’s assistant!
- Engage with the kids and assist Sunday School teachers in executing weekly programs (see above for a list of events)
- Be a story-teller!
- Do you have a heart to minister to little children & to bring them to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ through storytelling? If this is you, the library is in need of volunteer story-tellers to read stories aloud to young children ages 3-10 during weekly story times. Our librarians and volunteers work hard to create a safe, fun, and inviting space for kids to hear the good news of Jesus. Your role as a story-teller would be to tell stories in an engaging way &…to have fun! If you can read & speak Chinese, we are especially in need of you. Occasionally, we have bilingual story-times when the stories are read aloud in Chinese & English or Indonesian & English. Our church is multicultural and multi-ethnic, and we believe this is representative of what it will look like in Heaven one day. English is most definitely not the only language spoken here, and many of our families & members come from different cultural backgrounds. Many of our young kids have family members who speak only Chinese. Through telling stories of Jesus in the Chinese language, we are serving & equipping our young ones to be beacons of light to their families and to share Christ to all members of their community. We are excited that the Lord is blessing us in this way and giving us this opportunity.
- Be a librarian!